Shoreline Appliance Service Ltd. respects your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to us.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are providing something requested or desired by you (including but not limited to service calls, newsletters, and giveaway prizes) and need your Personal Data to customize and/or deliver it; and
- we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us.
Personal Data collected via this website
This website automatically collects certain information when you visit – including what link you clicked to arrive at the site, the pages you’ve viewed, the time of your visit, your IP address and the country from which it appears to originate, the type of browser and operating system you use, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. This data is collected by our website security plugin to identify and block hackers and other malicious threats.
You may choose to provide additional information to us by using one of the contact forms on the site (e.g., to contact us, request a service appointment, or provide feedback), or by signing up for our newsletter. This information is voluntarily provided by you and will be treated confidentially by us.
Cookies on this website are set to automatically expire after three months.
Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we (and the services we rely on) use your Personal Data to:
- manage this website and keep it safe (i.e., website security);
- respond to your questions, comments and requests (i.e., contact forms and surveys);
- where you have opted-in to receive contact from us, deliver news and marketing emails that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you (i.e., MailerLite newsletter); and
- improve our services and website through analysis of information (i.e., Google Analytics, MailerLite reports).
Outside of this website, we use your Personal Data to book and deliver service to repair your appliances, and to provide customer service and support by phone.
Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others (unless required by law or urgent safety concerns), except as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services or functions.
Announcements of giveaway prizewinners in our newsletter are made in the format of first name or nickname, last initial if a last name is provided on newsletter signup, and city of residence (e.g., “John D. in Burnaby”); no other information will be shared.
Reasonable and current security measures are in place to protect your information from theft or exposure.
Retention of your Personal Data
Age of consent for Personal Data collection
This website and our newsletter are intended for adult owners of Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove appliances, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address. If you are under 16 years old and want to talk to us about anything (such as careers in appliance repair), please ask a parent or guardian to contact us on your behalf.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can contact us to:
- learn what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including how and why we have it and to whom it could be disclosed;
- ask us to change or correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data (save where we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests);
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us with regard to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.